Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Little Tidbit

I mentioned there was a fun tidbit coming along.....here it is!

 

 

I assume that these are somewhat self-explanatory, but here are the details:
  • D is currently 12 weeks pregnant, which puts the due date at August 22
  • It's too early to know the gender, but so far it seems to be healthy and on-track
  • D has been feeling tired and nauseous (mostly at night), but hasn't had any major medical issues
  • The timing of this pregnancy was unexpected....though very, very welcome
  • We've been slow to publicize our news, as it's still early and we've learned from past experience that anything can happen....we're still being very cautious and trying not to get too excited
  • The next step is an anatomy ultrasound at 18 weeks, in late March
  • We will be finding out the gender, and we will be telling people
  • We will not be telling anyone the name (not that we've decided anything), so don't ask
I've code-named this baby Homer, as we intend to actually bring this one home with us.  I'll probably also default to male pronouns (to go with the name).  However, I can guarantee that won't be the final choice, and I can only hope that the baby doesn't develop a complex if it happens to be a girl.

That's it for now.  I'll provide updates along the way....thanks for reading!

PS- Let me know in the comments if you need an interpretation of either of the sonogram pictures.

7 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo! We are so so excited for you, and have been praying since the minute we heard! Obvioulsy, we understand your hesitation to get too excited so we will get that way for you :-). We LOVE the Homer nick-name, and Adam thinks you should go with that as a first name, girl or boy :-) [ obvioulsy that is just his classical education talking! ] Thank you for sharing the news. We love all THREE of you so much!
    Annie, Adam and the clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, this is fantastic!

    I'd stick with Homer, it's a great name.

    Let me know when you're in town and we can grab a celebratory cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new house and the new baby! And wish Danielle a very happy bday for me today! :) Hope you guys had a good v-day as well! Rachana ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! Best wishes to you! We'll be praying for all of you, especially "Homer" (Homerina??)

    Love, Mary, in Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi baby!!!! Aunt Lindsay cant wait to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I just spent sometime creating my first blog page. I have a ways to go, but it is nearly 3am. So to wind down, I decided to cruise the BlogSpot for those who listed themselves in the Consultant industry....this led me here.

    I don't know it it is serendipitous or not, but I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that my husband and I lost our 9 day old son, Rowan, when he was 9 days old in 2004. While the "grief journey" never really comes to an end, we both live "in joy" again. My Life Coaching practice has naturally gravitated toward Pregnancy and Infant Loss being one of my specialties....Although, we haven't been blessed with a healthy subsequent pregnancy, I have a good understanding of what that experience is like.

    After reading about your Beloved Andrew, I was compelled to introduce myself. Please, if you or your wife need any support or encouragement, do not hesitate to send me an email.

    And, most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS, on the new life you created--Andrew's sibling.

    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete